First issue though: cutting the cake. I had bought one of those cake-cutters with a wire, that help you cut layers in a cake. Well, let's just say that it is hard to use and actually did not work at all for me. So I had to resort to a knife. The result was a bit messy. My layers were ok in terms of thickness but the middle was not flat and there were a lot of crumbs. :-(
Second problem: the ganache. Delicious! But I used almost all of it just for the first layer! So I scrambled to make more, doubling the original recipe since I needed to make two more layers of ganache. I ended up with a lot of ganache left over. Oh well... I would also maybe reduce the cream a little, just to have a slightly thicker ganache.
Third problem, the icing. Same as with the ganache. I did not have enough and scrambled to make a second batch. Now this icing needs to be poured over the cake and supposedly will form a shiny smooth cover. I probably used the wrong chocolate, I also probably did not use enough of the oil, I used half the amount of the recipe. I still did not have enough to cover the whole cake. But the biggest problem was that this icing shows all the imperfections in the cake.