They came out ok, they taste like regular sugar cookies, of course. I usually have trouble determining when sugar cookies are done, and having colored dough made it even harder, but they're still edible ;-)
- Refrigerate the dough in between steps for easier manipulation. It warms up quickly, which makes it hard to manipulate.
- I'm having real issues with rolling the dough (see pretzel attempt). So I ended up rolling a grape-size ball of each color all together to form one ball of dough and flattening it, no rolling/swirling...
- The sprinkles I had were 1) too big and 2) messing up the baking. The cookies without sprinkles came out better and tasted better.
- Bake the cookies following the directions on the cookie package, NOT the recipe referenced above!!!!
- It always takes much longer than they tell you!!!!