The recipe itself was very easy to follow and make, but here are some of my comments for those of you who wish to try it.
- The 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon are way too much. I had some left over, so I passed it through a sieve to remove the clumps and packed the rest. So now, I have a reserve of cinnamon sugar.
- The ice cream scoop is more to ensure a consistent quantity. The batter is too soft to roll in a ball or anything like that. I dumped the batter in the sugar, with a spoon, sprinkled sugar on top and tried to turn it over and over. This is a VERY MESSY step. If you can have a helper, more efficient too.
- I used cupcake liners in my muffin pans. Call me lazy... but that's what I did. I think next time, I'll put the globs of batter directly in the pan (having buttered/floured them before, of course). The liners had no negative impact on the taste, just those ridges... maybe it made them look too much like cupcakes.
- This was a surprise for me but when I took the pans out of the oven, the muffins looked all risen, almost like souffles... and like souffles, they fell a few moments after being out of the oven. I believe it is normal, but it puzzled me for a moment. The sugar crust on top cracked as well. I wonder if more cinnamon sugar on top would have been better.
- The taste is fantastic. It is a cake with that snickerdoodle taste. Very light and fluffy. Nice texture, nice smell.