So anyway, I went searching through my recipes and found it. So, here it is...
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
- I reduced the amount of sugar by 1 cup. I remember last time that it was quite sweet. This is a bit better.
- I have read in the past that one can use apple sauce to replace the oil and I think that is something I plan on doing next time.
- The cooking time was off. One of the cakes was done after 65-70 minutes, the other one took an additional 15 minutes. I don't know if it is due to the pan's material (the glass one took longer).
One word - YUMMY!!!!
It helped to reduce the sugar. I'd probably reduce the cinnamon a bit too. But the cake is nice and moist. You can taste the zucchini without TASTING the zucchini if you know what I mean...